If anyone was injured in the accident, please call emergency services on 000.
If no one was injured, please call 1300 227 365 to speak to our Accident Management team. You will also need to report any accidents to us by emailing email@example.com.
At the scene of the incident, it is important to:
- Do not admit liability or offer any payment to any parties involved
- Where available record:
- Contact details
- Vehicle details and registration
- Insurance details
- Licence details (photo) of other drivers involved (name and address)
- If the other driver is not the owner of the vehicle, the name of the owner.
- Take notes/photos/video of the accident scene, cross streets, landmarks, the direction of travel, car damage and so on, as this information will help you complete an insurance claim
As part of your weekly fee, Carbar pays to insure approved drivers. If an accident or damage occurs during the Subscription Period or results from your use of the Vehicle, you must notify Carbar as soon as possible.
The insurance excess may be payable, but if the cost of repair is cheaper, we will work with you on appropriate alternatives.
For full details on damage cover please refer to our terms and conditions.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- I had an accident, what should I do?
- I scratched my car, what should I do?
- I've submitted an insurance claim, what's next?
- What is covered for Roadside Assistance?
- What does Carbar insurance cover?
- What should I do if the driver of the other car refuses to give me their details?
- Do you cover Green Slip / CTP (Comprehensive Third Party) Insurance?