Where it is safe to do so, try to note the car's licence plate, make and model and any other distinctive details about the car.
By law, the drivers must exchange details (Name, Address, Licence Number, Car's Registration Number) if the driver refuses to provide their information. Call 000 for police assistance.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- I had an accident, what should I do?
- I scratched my car, what should I do?
- I've submitted an insurance claim, what's next?
- What is covered for Roadside Assistance?
- What does Carbar insurance cover?
- What should I do if the driver of the other car refuses to give me their details?
- Do you cover Green Slip / CTP (Comprehensive Third Party) Insurance?